Please vote for life-saving charity!
Hey guys, could you please for GLYNI on every available category for Northern Ireland’s Pride Awards this year? For me? GLYNI have been one of the biggest and best influences in my adult life and I want them to get the recognition they deserve. Basically GLYNI (gay, lesbian youth Northern Ireland) is the only group of its kind in Northern Ireland offering not only a place where 14-25 LGBTQ people can socialise but also become actively involved with LGBTQ issues from pride to politics (which are considerably anti-gay compared to the rest of the UK) GLYNI also provides amazing free counselling and other outstanding services (such as providing emergency accommodation, meeting and speaking with parents to facilitate coming-out and teaching about LGBTQ awareness and acceptance at schools across the country)
GLYNI is simply amazing. I don’t care if don’t live in Northern Ireland. Please vote for GLYNI for supporter of the year from the LGBTQ community and the people’s choice award. It will literally take five minutes and you’ll be helping sustain a lifeline for LGBTQ people in my hometown.
Today I felt beautiful and carefree as I painted a purple dot on strangers’ hands for international day against homophobia!
Earlier today, I won at the internet.
It sucks to know that whilst people are making a big hurrah about gay rights in the United States of America most British and Irish people (gay or straight) are still woefully ignorant of how bad it is here in Northern Ireland particularly. No marriage, no adoption (despite that not being an issue anywhere else in the UK) and a blood ban (despite the fact that the NHS gets blood from all of the UK so there’s “gay blood” used in Northern Ireland hospitals somewhere). I am sick of the DUP. This shouldn’t be about red or green anymore. It should be about who represents the people-and despite overwhelming evidence and pressure from society for gay rights- our government refuses to listen. Don’t vote DUP.
What’s everyone think of my thumbnail image for the end of year show brochure?
Bitches want to know what I’m doing today?
I watching Glee-hopefully the first half of the first series-I’m hoping that I’ll be able to come up with something about representations of homosexuality that I haven’t thought of yet. Maybe how Kurt’s dressed? Or if Karofsky holds himself differently when around Kurt? I don’t know-just something that’s not narrative based!
Here’s what I’ve discovered so far. Kurt Hummel is a fabulous portrayal of homosexuality, I know it’s not an entirely unique representation and there’s still some tweaking needed here and there-but Kurt’s not just a fashion-conscious, effeminate and witty characature. That’s pretty awesome.
I had to deal with this kind of thinking earlier today-and I am literally exhausted by it all.
Five Secrets About Me.
I’ve putting this one off because I really don’t have any secrets. Everyone knows everything about me cause I’m huge fucking loud mouth. But I’ll write something that I assume most of my followers won’t know about me.
- My dad used to be a pretty intimidating person-I don’t know if this is part of every kid’s life-but I was really scared of dad for ages. It felt as if anything would set him off-and he’d swear a lot and throw things about-it sucked. I think this is why I swear pretty much in every fucking sentence I say. It’s like-I made swearing funny and normal-so when dad started off on one- it wasn’t so frightening. So that’s why I swear a shit load.
- I’ve never really “came-out” I’ve mentioned before that I’ve had girlfriends to my mum-and only recently to my sister. But it’s like because I’m dating James-it’s like it never happened and whenever I talk about Pride or GLYNI it’s because my friends are gay-not because I’m bi-sexual. It’s something I am really ashamed of.
- When I saw All Time Low at T in the Park, I genuinely liked their music-it’s damn catchy! But when I put their album on my iPod I couldn’t bring myself to listen to it. I’m a lot of things but I’m definitely not a music snob-but I don’t think I can forgive them for asking a fifteen year old to, “show your breasts-yeah!” I can just tell they’re douche-bags!
- I haven’t paid rent since I moved back with mum and dad despite agreeing I would. In fact, I’ve been more skint than ever-and I have borrowed money for trains to university, plane tickets and booze-and have never paid them back. Sorry mum and dad.
- At the end of every My Chemical Romance concert, I cry. Not sure if I’m happy or sad or what. Just so EMOtional.
Lore Is Mess: I'm not ___ but...
So another day, another poorly researched anti-gay article is published. The comments are mostly reasonable measured responses, but the best by far is this satirical ‘translation’ by a commenter identified only as ‘Charlotte’ [no direct link to comment, so republished here]:
Here, Eamon, I…
I wouldn’t think that any of his so-called gay ‘friends’ would talk to him after that was published. I mean how’s that work, we’re friends-but you don’t deserve the same rights and privileges as I have? and-we’re friends but you shouldn’t be allowed to raise children? It’s sickening.
Also fuck you.
Rewatching The L-word. Thought I would watch one second and be like,”bleh…bored now” but instead I was like, “why the hell am I not watching this every single damn day?” I know it is trashy and often kind of mis-representative but I don’t care!